Flooding effect of dam on Omo River
- Caroline Cannon, for campaigning on behalf of her Inupiat people in Alaska to keep the Arctic waters pristine in the face of oil and gas exploitation
- Evgenia Chirikova, campaigning for the re-routing of a planned road that would bisect Khimki Forest, Moscow's "green lungs"
- Edwin Gariguez, a priest on Mindoro in the Philippines, who is leading opposition to a nickel mine that he believes will damage nature and the island's indigenous people
- Sofia Gatica, an Argentinian whose child died from pesticide poisoning and who now organises local women (the "Mothers of Ituzaingo") to oppose indiscriminate use of toxic agrochemicals
- Ma Jun, who created an online database showing Chinese citizens which factories are violating environmental regulations.